Moves 2.0 Adds M7 Support for iPhone 5s
Update includes increased tracking accuracy, new battery saving mode to increase battery life by up to 40%, and beautiful iOS 7 redesign.
14 November 2013 – Moves activity tracking app, today announced the launch of Moves 2.0 for the iPhone. This latest iteration brings with it support for Apple’s M7 motion coprocessor in the iPhone 5s for increased tracking accuracy and a new battery saving mode for an increase of up to 40% in battery life. Moves 2.0 is available as a free update to existing users and for an introductory price of $1.99 for new customers from the App Store.
“We’re excited bring these exciting new features to the Moves app, elevating the experience for our users,” explained Sampo Karjalainen, Designer CEO of Moves. “With more accurate data tracking, battery savings and a simple, beautiful new design for iOS 7, Moves remains at the top of the class for activity tracking apps.”
The key features of Moves 2.0 include:
- NEW: M7 motion support and battery saving mode to increase battery life by up to 40% in typical use
- NEW: Updated for iOS 7 with a beautiful new design
- NEW: Now available in Chinese (Simplified), Japanese, Korean, Spanish and French
- Recognizes walking, cycling and running automatically, tracking steps, time and distance travelled, as well as routes taken
- Identifies locations users have visited and plots them as a daily storyline which tells the story of the day and shows which parts of the day contribute to the total activity
- Monitors calories burnt
- Daily and weekly notifications tell just how active the user has (or hasn’t) been
- Connected Apps catalog of 25 apps and services integrated with Moves, with likes of EveryMove, Earndit, Momento, Narrato, Tictrac, Moves Export (RunKeeper, Foursquare integrations) and MovesNote (Evernote integration).
Moves 2.0 is available for an introductory price of $1.99 until the end of November, and $2.99 afterwards, from the App Store on iPhone or at www.AppStore.com/Moves
Moves records any walking, cycling, and running with calories burned for each activity. The activities build a daily storyline with routes and places that can be viewed on a map. There is no need to start and stop the app, or to login or register. The app is always on so that all the user needs to do is to keep a phone in a pocket or bag.
Sampo Karjalainen, Designer CEO
+358 50 3827321
Download the Press Kit
Moves images, factsheet, founders’ bios and Q&A